home buttonPhotobucketblogroll buttondrama buttoncontact button

Monday, November 17, 2008

That's HOW many points?


I just got back from my Weight Watchers meeting. Today's timely lesson was about Thanksgiving and involved the time-honored tradition of writing down everything you think you'll eat on a paper plate. And then counting up the points. And then sharing with the whole group.

I didn't share with the group. But I'll share with you.

If I'm honest about what I would normally eat at a Thanksgiving dinner, it would add up to about 50 points for the meal.

We go to three Thanksgiving meals in a two-day span.

Just to put this in perspective, because I'm a chubby girl, I get 28 points each day and 35 flex points (per week) to use however I want on top of that. (For those of you who also do WW, please don't calculate just how much that makes me weigh. Please?) So, there's really no possible way to stay within my points allowance eating like I normally eat.

Then again, I've been paying for WW for 3 or 4 months now and have lost 5 lbs. So clearly, I'm still eating like I normally eat. Hmph.

Well, this is a bonus gratitude post. Like it or not, I need Weight Watchers. And I'm thankful for Weight Watchers. I just wish they'd magically lower the number of points in a big ol' serving of cheesy potatoes!

What's your favorite holiday dish?
blog comments powered by Disqus