When prices first started falling and everyone got so excited, just to see gas costing less than $4 a gallon, I was reluctant to share their joy. I thought that being happy with so little was giving in to The Man. (Whoever The Gas Man is...after this political season, I'm really not even sure about that anymore.) So I said that I wouldn't get excited about gas prices until it was $2 a gallon, just like it should be.
But here we are in November. And gas costs less than $2 a gallon in my neck of the woods. Despite my cynicism. Despite our overconsumption. Despite this crazy economic and political climate.
So, I'm excited. I have been since I saw gas hit $2.30 and keep falling. Every time I pass a gas station, as a matter of fact, I thank God. I know it may not last. As a matter of fact, I suspect prices will shoot up again after the election. But for now, for as long as it lasts, I'm thankful for low gas prices.
What are you thankful for today?