home buttonPhotobucketblogroll buttondrama buttoncontact button

Monday, January 26, 2009

I could get used to this.

For Christmas, Mark got me something I’ve been wanting – no, needing – for quite a long time. He got me a clean house.

Last Friday, four angels stormed into our tiny house and scrubbed it top to bottom. They swept, they vacuumed, they dusted and wiped. They did what I wish I would do every week and have actually done maybe four times in the last 5 ½ years.

And they did it better.

When I walked in the door Friday evening, my first thought was, “Oh my! What’s that strange smell?” Um, yeah, it was the smell of clean.

Then I took off my shoes and walked down the hall…and almost fell on my face. My floor was so clean it was slick! (These are hardwood floors, not carpet, just in case you’re concerned.)

And then I spent the entire weekend picking up every piece of dirt and each crumb of food that we spilled onto my beautiful clean floors.

Because, really, who knows when we’ll be able to afford and/or justify this kind of luxury again. So I’d better keep it as clean as I can for as long as I can.

After all, my only other option is to actually clean it myself. And that just doesn’t seem right.

Image by swgrlimited
blog comments powered by Disqus