[Who is this positive-thinking woman, and where did she come from? Weird!]
Don’t worry. My rose-colored glasses aren’t totally clouding my vision. I can still tell you about all the crazy things that happened last week. But I’ve just got to mix in the good stuff, too.
So, here are 10 [completely random and unrelated] things that have happened in the last week. We’ll see who comes out ahead: Positive Polly or Negative Nelly.
- Last week, I was miserable at work. And, it’s possible I made my co-workers miserable while I was at it. Thanks to a huge, mundane project that took longer than I anticipated, I became even further behind on another huge, mundane project that’s taken longer than I anticipated. By Friday, I was on the verge of tears, both frustrated with the job and with myself for not getting it all done. Quitting time both could not come fast enough – and came way too fast!
- One of our local radio stations has gone through several changes over the past couple years, after being one of the city’s classic rock stations for years. (Maybe decades, but I’m not going to look it up now.) Last week, the station became Gen-X Radio, playing retro, grunge, hip hop and hair bands. You know, music from the 90s – the stuff us Gen-X-ers like. At least I do. (And yes, I consider myself Gen X. Don’t get me started. I did a ridiculous amount of research and debate on this very topic with a former co-worker. And I won.)
- Several girls from my church organized a huge, multi-family garage sale last weekend. Because my cousins and I trade hand-me-downs like my husband used to trade baseball cards (I don’t know. I tried to be clever, and that’s all I came up with.), I don’t have boxes of children’s clothes to get rid of. And because we’re probably not finished having children, I can only pass on so many baby things. So when I somehow ended up making $70 (and that’s after buying several fall outfits for Annalyn), I was thrilled!
- I was not thrilled, however, to pay $150 to the plumber. It’s too bad they don’t have some sort of frequent customer club. We’d be getting discounts left and right. Instead, I got busted for putting a few “potty wipes” down the toilet during our recent potty training adventures. Guess what I won’t be doing anymore!
- I didn’t edit my Losing It post to tell you the big news, but I’m telling you now: I was down 3.4 lbs on Friday! Woo-hoo!! Considering the two – count ‘em, TWO – packages of Oreos that have called my house their home over the past week, I’m not predicting a repeat performance this week. But, I’m still trying…
- When I shared ice cream with Annalyn last week, I actually thought, “Good thing she’s not sick!” Um, yeah. She was. And now I am, too. The cough and scratchy throat started on Thursday and by the time I made it to bed on Saturday, I felt like death. Or at least, an upper respiratory infection. I actually stayed home from work yesterday. It was either that – or listen to my co-workers say after every cough, “You should go home!”
- The reason I got to bed late on Saturday? A girls night, that’s why. I spent the evening reminiscing and laughing with girls who I’ve known forever. I love them so much, and it’s always good to catch up.
- Remember the plumbing problem I mentioned up there? Well, before our washing machine overflowed, our fridge started leaking. The very same night. Thankfully, Mark is handy, and he’s already fixed it.
- Mark got a job transfer a few weeks ago, and now he’s working nights. It’s been hard to adjust – for all of us. The weirdest adjustment? Not being able to call him during the day. I say “weird,” because it’s not like I need to ask him important questions at all hours of my work day. But it’s nice to be able to call him…just in case I have some of those important questions, you know?
- Even though I can’t call Mark during the day – because he’s sleeping, if I didn’t make that clear and I don’t think I did – it’s been so great to have him home in the evenings. Annalyn can play with him, while I cook dinner. Then we can eat dinner together and do the bedtime routine together and sometimes even watch TV together. Like we’re a normal family or something. It’s good.
Well, I thought Positive Polly and Negative Nelly were going to have a tie. But now that I’ve written about my week, I think that Polly has eked out a win with Mark fixing the fridge in #8. So, it turns out I had a pretty good week. What about you?
This post will be linked to OhAmanda's Top Ten Tuesday.
----------------------------------------
Can't get enough of Giving Up on Perfect? Subscribe here, follow me on Twitter and join my Facebook page.
