Last week, I was inspired by Andrea’s fall reading list. Although, to be honest, I still can’t get over the fact that she organizes her reading lists.Why don’t I do this??
Anyway, it seems that Katrina has a carnival for this sort of thing. I think it’s also supposed to keep us accountable for our reading goals. Does that make it an accountability carnival? Like there are clowns and ferris wheels along with the hard-hitting questions?
I don’t know what I’m saying. I really shouldn’t write my Monday posts on Sunday nights.
Anyway (again.), I’m going to share my fall reading list with you. But don’t judge me. It is quite possible – and probable, as you’ll see – that I read fluff, romance and keep-me-up-late mysteries. But hey, I’ve also got some uplifting fiction and potentially life-changing non-fiction. (A house that cleans itself? That would definitely be life-changing!)
I’m going to divide my list into categories. And I’m going to tell myself that it’s to share more information with you. But I know the truth. You may not be quite as intrigued by my reading choices as I am. It’s really just because I like complicated lists.
Books I’m reviewing (Yes, that means I got them for free.)
- The Hole in Our Gospel – Richard Stearns
- Find Your Strongest Life: What the Happiest and Most Successful Women Do Differently – Marcus Buckingham
Books I'm hoping will change my life
- Have a New Kid by Friday – Kevin Leman
- The House That Cleans Itself – Mindy Starns Clark
- Becoming a Couple of Promise – Kevin Leman (This is what our small group is studying.)
- True Detectives – Jonathan Kellerman (Actually, it's already on my nightstand!)
- Leaving Carolina – Tamara Leigh
- Mischief Becomes Her – Kasey Michaels
- Mischief 24/7 – Kasey Michaels
- Blood Game – Iris Johansen
- Bitter is the New Black – Jen Lancaster
- True Blue – David Baldacci
- Under the Cajun Moon – Mindy Starns Clark
- Lonestar Secrets – Colleen Coble
- The Help – Kathryn Stockett
- Take One – Karen Kingsbury
- Take Two – Karen Kingsbury
- Crazy Love – Francis Chan
Maybe. But I have diverse tastes. Do you? What are you reading this fall?