home buttonPhotobucketblogroll buttondrama buttoncontact button

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Random Readings

Some serious, some funny. This…..[insert Ryan Seacrest pause here]…is Random Readings.

Two takes on why writers write:
Many bloggers wrote about the anniversary of Audrey Caroline’s birth this week. And many of those posts made me cry. Interestingly enough (because I can’t quite decide if I love this guy’s blog or not), Matthew Paul Turner’s post is the one that truly spoke to me. In the face of a perfect example of our God of grace and mercy letting bad things happen, Turner wrote, “I'm not sure that faith can truly exist without doubt. Doubt is what makes it faith and not science.”

Jo-Lynne writes touching reflections on parenthood, insightful recaps of American Idol and sweet, funny words about everything from kids to entertaining to fashion. But her post called Imperfect Christianity is the most beautiful, clear, convicting thing I’ve read this week. Nothing I can say here could add to it.

And because I just couldn’t bear to leave you with only serious, grown-up thoughts, please don’t miss MSNBC’s Facebook survival guide for awkward adults: What you need to know to avoid embarrassing your kids (and yourself). A few notes from this educational slide show:
  • It's theoretically possible to set your privacy settings up so none of this happens, but honestly, you're probably not smart enough.
  • In a sufficiently large population, 50 percent of everyone is below average. And now you have to listen to them sound off.
  • There is nothing funny to say about Facebook applications.
There you have it, folks. What did you read on the internet this week?
blog comments powered by Disqus