A few years ago, I got caught in a vicious Longaberger basket cycle. It started so innocently: I was invited to a party, so I went.
I know, I know. But I was so young. I didn't know how these things work.
So I went to the party, even though I was pretty sure all the products would be lovely, but too expensive for me.
Sure enough, I was right. So I did the logical thing - I bought the cheapest thing in the catalog and then scheduled a party of my own, to help the host get more basket points.
Of course, I didn't realize that I'd have to order a basket at my own party. Or that one of my guests would schedule a party to help me get more basket points. And then invite me to said party. At which I'd have to order another basket.
And that's the fascinating story of how I ended up with several lovely, warm brown woven storage containers. And while they aren't necessarily being used to beautifully decorate my home, they have been helpful for holding stuff.
But Mark had to throw away my napkin basket. Because my cat peed on it.
Does anybody want a cat?
