The facial was nice, especially when the woman working on my face told me I had firm, young-looking skin. That was nice. I’m not sure if I paid more for that or not, but if so, it was worth it.
Anyway – the part of the treatment that wasn’t as nice was when the aesthetician (facial lady) asked me about my skincare routine.
Knowing full and well she wasn’t going to like my answer, I told her the truth nevertheless: I use Clean & Clear to wash and moisturize my face, just like every good 14-year-old.
What? I’m not a teenager anymore? And that’s not healthy for my skin? Really?
Really.
After getting a lecture and a sales pitch for some pricey spa products, I left the spa. My face was very clean and also, I was told, completely protected against the elements. Personally, I was just a little embarrassed to be going out in public without any makeup on.
And wondering if I’m really doing damage to my face by using products designed for teens that I buy at Walmart.
Here’s the thing, though. I realize I should probably upgrade my skincare. I understand that I’m not getting any younger and any day now, my skin is going to realize that and start looking the part of a, ahem, 30-year-old. I should visit the Clinique counter…or my friend’s Mary Kay site…or try one of the bajillions of Oil of Olay products I see commercials for every night…or something.
But Clean & Clear works for me. It makes my face feel clean at night and not so dry in the morning.
So there’s my dilemma: the facial lady says to change, but I don’t want to. What do you think? Am I missing out on some fabulous, affordable skincare line? What do you use?
For more tips on what works today, visit Rocks in My Dryer.