home buttonPhotobucketblogroll buttondrama buttoncontact button

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Because I'm a giver.

If I’m doing the math correctly (and this is a big "if"), today is the first day of the twelve days of Christmas. In honor of this momentous occasion, I will not sing the song’s verses out of order. Although, I don’t really plan on singing them in order, either. Nope. Instead, I’m going to give you 12 webby, bloggy gifts.

Don’t get excited. I don’t mean the kind of extravagant giveaways that the real bloggers have. Just some links to a few fun sites you might not know about.

Because I’m like that. Unh-huh, I’m a giver.

  1. You can call me Al, and yeah, I think I’ll call you Betty. Paul Simon and Chevy Chase star in my favorite music video of all time, found here for your viewing pleasure.
  2. Looking for a way to organize your home? Or maybe just an amateur website with psychedelic colors and a cartoon spokesperson? Look no further than FlyLady.
  3. Just how bad was that dessert at the Cheesecake Factory? You can find the dirt – and the number of points you consumed – at Dotti’s Weight Loss Zone. (Don’t be alarmed by all the purple and the ads. Ignore them both and scroll down to find tons of good info.)
  4. Now for a cute site that also helps you with our upcoming New Year’s resolutions (well, at least that’s what I’m wishing for on January 1): Hungry Girl. Lots of recipes, healthy products and fun facts here.
  5. Enough diet talk! Let’s get down to the important stuff. Like TV. Miss your favorite episode of The Office? Don’t worry – you can get the play-by-play at Television Without Pity. Sure, you can always watch the missed eps online. But does Hulu come with snarky commentary? I think not.
  6. We’ve established that several of you (See how that makes it sound like I have so many readers? Ha!) are word nerds like myself. So I feel safe telling this group that I’m also a big fan of fonts. Anyone else? Take this quiz and see just how big a fan you really are.
  7. If you’re looking for information about a certain movie, don’t just trust my reviews. Check out Christianity Today’s movie review section for a Christian perspective on today’s most popular films.
  8. Need a chuckle? This site posts pics of crummy church signs. Pretty funny stuff, I say.
  9. My fellow fans of a capella, as well as those of you strangely obsessed with fantasy movies, will get a kick out of this. Those of you – Mel, I’m talking to you – who are one but not both may or may not get said kick. [Thanks to Mandy Conforth for posting this on her blog.]
  10. What would the 12 Days of Christmas be without a couple lookalikes? First, there’s Jewel and Yvonne Strahovski (from the TV show, Chuck). Next, I think Sela Ward and Melora Hardin (from The Office) look not necessarily like twins, but definitely like sisters.
  11. A big ad agency came up with a list of 10 new words to describe some of the crazy behaviors in today’s tech-obsessed society.
  12. And last but not least (or perhaps), for all my readers in the market for a man or a laugh (or both), your search is over. I give you Real Men of Jesus.

So, tell me, other than this list of wonder, what's the best Christmas gift you've ever gotten?

blog comments powered by Disqus